This presentation will be a chance for you to showcase your Project 1 and Project 2 and to explain to us why you made the design choices that you did.
The presentation must include sharing your website and video (roughly a 1-minute walkthrough of your website, and then the showing of our video for a total of 2-3 minutes) and then an additional 2-3 minute presentation that explains to us your design choices.The video + website + presentation must be between 4-6 minutes. Your presentation must include the following in whatever order you think will be the most effective:
- Sharing your website and video. Give us a quick walkthrough of your site and show us your video.
- Design Strategy Analysis: Describe what design strategies you used in your time-based project and your website and explain how these relate to your rhetorical situation. You are essentially rhetorically analyzing your project for us. We need to understand your purpose and your audience, and why you chose the strategies you did in order to convey this purpose to this audience. You MUST use terms from the book and from the IX presentations.
- Visual Aid: Create a PowerPoint slide show to accompany your presentation. The slides should help you perform the design strategy analysis. Consider taking screen shots of your video to highlight certain strategies.
CHECK LIST FOR COMPLETION: ask yourself...
- Is your website live and your video uploaded? Test your link before class and bring that link TO class (no time for googling your name or finding the link in your email)
- Does your presentation explain why you made your website and video the way you did?
- Does your presentation use the terminology from Chapters 1, 2 and IX to explain why you did what you did? (remember, you are justifying your own design choices)
- Does your PowerPoint add value to your presentation by showing us screenshots or higlighting information that we couldn't just understand from you talking?
- Is your PowerPoint uploaded/saved to the DropBox link? If you're having trouble with DropBox, then email me the PowerPoint by 10:30am on the day you present.