The Rhetoric of Information
dtc/engl 356 | spring 2010
Professor Kristin L. Arola
OfficeHrs: Tu/Th3-5 or byappoint.
Office: Avery 309
if you find anything you feel would be useful here, please share it with me!
- Our class blogs
- Lessig's Blog: http://www.lessig.org/blog/
- Creative Commons: http://creativecommons.org/
- Jenkins' Blog: http://henryjenkins.org/
- RIP! A Remix Manifesto: http://www.ripremix.com/
- Critical Commons: http://www.criticalcommons.org/
China and Google
- New York Times article: "Far-Ranging Support for Google’s China Move"
- PC World article: "The Impact of Google's Bold Stance on China"
Iran and Twitter
- Time article: "Iran Protests: Why Twitter is the Medium of the Movement"
- Lessons from the Iranian Uprising: Media 140 Discussion: http://vimeo.com/8437120
- Access Now: Born out of the aftermath of the 2009 Iranian election, Access provides innovative, crowd-sourced tech tools to help return the political process to the people. http://www.accessnow.org/